THE CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
ADVANCE AUTO PARTS GARAGE MOMENTS CONTEST (“CONTEST”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (nineteen  or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska) at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Advance Auto Parts (“Sponsor”), Tommy Pike Customs, Pennzoil Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products (“SOPUS” Products), their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three  months during the twelve -month period preceding the start date of the Contest). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements in any manner it deems appropriate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 27, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 20, 2021 (“Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, tweet a photo (“Photo”) and accompanying explanation reflecting a memory about cars between you and your child or parent (of which you are either the parent or child) with hashtags #GarageMoments and #Contest and tag @AdvanceAuto (the “Entry”). If a minor appears in the Photo, the entrant must be that minor’s parent or legal guardian. For the purposes of this Contest, a “parent” can be anyone portraying a parental figure.
You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow Sponsor’s handle @AdvanceAuto on twitter.com/AdvanceAuto (“Web Site”) to participate. If you do not have a Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at http://twitter.com. To become a follower of @AdvanceAuto, visit Twitter.com/AdvanceAuto and follow as indicated. Additionally, your Twitter setting must be set to “unprotected” and “public” for the entire duration of the Contest, including the Contest Judging, in order for your tweet to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents and to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents if you are selected as a winner. You must also (a) tag @AdvanceAuto and (b) include the hashtags #GarageMoments and #Contest in your Entry for it to be considered a valid Entry.
Limit one (1) Entry per person per day. A “day” is defined as the twenty-four (24) hours between 12:00:00 a.m. ET and 11:59:59 p.m. ET of the same day. The Twitter clock shall be the official time-keeping device of the Contest for the Contest Period. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed by the Sponsor as proof of entry into this Contest.
Each Entry submitted by an entrant must be substantially different from Entries he/she previously submitted. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that an entrant has submitted two (2) or more Entries that are not substantially different from each other, the entrant and/or the duplicative Entry(ies) may be disqualified.
Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible. Sponsor is not responsible for misspellings, typographical errors, or other issues that may affect the ability to locate or record an Entry. Entries must comply with these Official Rules and/or the Twitter Rules and Policies at https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules. In the event of a conflict between these Official Rules and Twitter Rules and Policies, the Official Rules shall govern.
Multiple entrants may not share the same Twitter account. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning Entry and an eligible entrant. The name of the person submitting the Entry must be (a) the name of the person who registered for the Twitter account and (b) the name of the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Twitter account, otherwise, Entry may be deemed void. If it is discovered that an entrant attempted to obtain more than one (1) Entry per day by using multiple Twitter accounts, identities or any other methods, that entrant’s Entries shall be deemed invalid, that entrant shall be disqualified and any prize won shall be forfeited.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
From time to time during the Contest, Sponsor may feature any/all Entries on any of its Web Sites or social media assets, in its sole discretion. Being selected as a featured Entry does not guarantee selection as a winner in the Contest nor does it entitle the featured entrant(s) to any compensation or prize.
By using hashtags, entrants are consenting to receive direct messages via Twitter if they are selected as a potential winner.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that the Entry conforms to the “Entry Guidelines” specified in Section 4, and that Sponsor may disqualify an Entry if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Entry fails to conform to such guidelines. Entries that are not in accordance with the “Entry Guidelines” as stated in Section 4 or are not received during the Contest Period will be ineligible.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES: Except for a third party (if any) taking the photo of entrant, the Entry must be solely the original work of the entrant. Joint, group or team Entries are NOT permitted. Any representations, statements and/or claims made in the photo or accompanying explanation must be truthful and Sponsor reserves the right to establish the truth and accuracy of such representations/statements/claims. Failure to timely provide such substantiation, or if materials furnished by entrant, in an attempt to substantiate representations/statements/claims made in their Entry, are determined by Sponsor or its agencies to be inadequate or unreliable, will result in disqualification. Once submitted, entrant cannot supplement, modify or alter their Entry. Entry must have been created specifically for this Contest and cannot have been previously published or have won an award or prize in any other promotion or competition.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, in perpetuity, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place the Sponsor under any obligation. The Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. By acceptance of your submission, you acknowledge that the Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. The Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries. By entering, you acknowledge that the Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and (e) that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third-party rights. Each entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, the Sponsor, Promotion Parties and SOPUS Products, a prize provider, from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including the Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to awarding of prize.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must meet the following guidelines: (a) Cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, political, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; (b) Cannot promote alcohol, marijuana, illegal drugs, tobacco, vaping, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) Cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) Cannot promote terrorist acts such as providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or provide instructional information about illegal activities; (e) Cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about the Sponsor, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) Cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (except the Sponsor’s) or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except the Sponsor’s), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) Cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art, stills, or images published on or in television, movies, the Internet or other media, except such materials owned by the Sponsor) without permission; (h) Cannot contain background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant; (i) Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the entrant, without permission; (j) Cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate; (k) Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
If the Sponsor, at any time during the Contest Period, receives a complaint (including but not limited to a cease and desist letter, general letter of complaint, etc.) alleging intellectual property infringement in an Entry, the Sponsor reserves the right to remove such Entry at any point in the Contest Period, without prior notice and Entry will be deemed void and ineligible to receive a prize.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by the Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. The Sponsor reserves the right to waive the submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
5. CONTEST JUDGING: Entries will be judged by Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s agents (the “Panel”) based on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”): (a) Memorable (34%); (b) Creative (33%); and (c) Heartfelt (33%). The Entry receiving the highest cumulative score for all criteria awarded by the Panel will be deemed the Grand Prize winner (subject to verification). The Entry receiving the second highest cumulative score for all criteria awarded by the Panel will be deemed the First Prize winner (subject to verification). The Entry receiving the third highest cumulative score for all criteria awarded by the Panel will be deemed the Second Prize winner (subject to verification). In case of a tie, tied Entries will be broken by cumulative points awarded for “Memorable”. If tie continues, then tie(s) will be broken by the Entry with highest cumulative point score in the second criteria, continuing thereafter to the third criteria until the tie is broken.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified on or about June 25, 2021 by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agents via Twitter direct message. Sponsor or Sponsor’s agents will request winner’s contact information and date of birth. Potential winners must provide the requested information within forty-eight (48) hours or prize may be forfeited. Potential winners must have a public profile on their Twitter account used to enter in order to receive the notification prize may be forfeited. Sponsor, Promotion Parties and SOPUS Products are not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving a notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant's Twitter account or their email address, mailing address and/or telephone number (after he/she has provided such information). Additionally, each potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within three (3) days as indicated on the Affidavit. If (a) an attempted notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, (b) a potential winner does not respond to the instructions as stated within the notification, (c) required documents are not returned within the required time period, (d) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (e) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept a prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Second Prize will be shipped within six (6) to eight (8) weeks of winner verification. See Section 7 for details regarding the delivery of Grand and First Prizes.
By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that his/her Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Each winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to his/her Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Sponsor, it’s agencies and/or assigns shall have the unlimited right and permission to use, modify, edit, distribute, publish, reproduce, display, exhibit, create derivative works of or to otherwise transmit the Entry, in any media, including digital, electronic, print, television, film and any other media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising and promotion, or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation to the entrant or to any other party, except where prohibited by law. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
7. PRIZE DETAILS:
One (1) Grand Prize provided by SOPUS Products, will be awarded, consisting of a 2016 Ford Mustang customized by Tommy Pike Customs with performance products from Sponsor (“Vehicle”) and $20,000 (awarded in the form of a check, payable to winner). Vehicle is awarded "as is" and winner understands Vehicle was modified and may have miles accrued. Winner will be provided with instructions on how to obtain Vehicle at a dealership to be determined by Sponsor. Winner must provide a current, valid driver's license and proof of insurance/registration before taking possession of Vehicle; failure to show the same may result in prize forfeiture and selection of an alternate winner. Any vehicle displayed or pictured in promotional/advertising materials may not be the actual Vehicle awarded. Registration, title, licensing fees, taxes (including, but not limited to, sales taxes and income taxes), insurance and costs associated with the Vehicle, including any travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the Vehicle, if applicable, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner does not have a choice of color, package, options or customizations. Any additional customization, upgrades or options not on Vehicle as delivered are solely the responsibility and are at the sole expense of the winner. All expenses not expressly specified herein are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner must take delivery of Vehicle within thirty (30) days of notification or prize is forfeited. The only applicable warranty is the manufacturer’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging or otherwise communicated to winner (if any). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $95,000.00 (MSRP of Vehicle $75,000.00 plus cash prize).
BY ACCEPTING THE GRAND PRIZE, THE WINNER ACCEPTS THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK ASSOCIATED WITH OPERATING A VEHICLE PARTICULARLY A MODIFIED AND CUSTOMIZED VEHICLE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH. THE WINNER ALSO ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF OPERATING A VEHICLE AND WINNER ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT SPONSOR, PROMOTION PARTIES AND SOPUS PRODUCTS SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
BACKGROUND CHECK: If Sponsor so elects in its sole discretion, potential winner may be required to submit to a confidential background check to ensure that they will not bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify winner based on the results of the background check. If requested, winner must sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information or prize may be forfeited.
One (1) First Prize, provided by SOPUS Products, will be awarded consisting of a trip for winner and one (1) guest to Las Vegas, NV to attend the 2022 Pennzoil 400 (the “Race”) scheduled to take place March 5, 2022 – March 7, 2022. Travel dates: March 5, 2022 – March 7, 2022. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from a major airport nearest winner’s home); double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights; two (2) tickets to the Race; and $300.00 spending money. Winner must travel on dates specified herein, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety with no substitution or compensation to winner. Prize is subject to the rules and regulations of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and any applicable sanctioning body, including the execution of separate waivers and/or release of liability as required. Exact travel dates and arrangements subject to availability. Travel, accommodations, and Race are subject to availability and change. If winner resides within 250 miles of the destination city, another method of transportation may be substituted for air transportation by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events (including, but not limited to airline flights and Race) or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations beyond its control. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Sponsor’s discretion. Ground transportation, upgrades, meals, gratuities, luggage fees, and all other expenses not specified herein are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner will be required to provide a credit card prior to hotel check-in and is solely responsible for all incidental charges and may be required to sign an additional liability release for the use of the accommodations. Travel guest must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing or travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license, real ID or passport) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s guest must be of the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction. Once the travel guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Additional prize award details and travel information may be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. In the event the winner and/or the guest misses a scheduled airline flight (through no fault of Sponsor, Promotion Parties or SOPUS Products or due to Force Majeure), Sponsor, Promotion Parties or SOPUS Products will have no liability for any costs associated with changing or rebooking transportation. ARV: $3,600.00. Actual value may depend on city/date/time of departure.
One (1) Second Prize will be awarded, consisting of a $1,222.00 Advance Auto Parts gift card. Gift card is subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer. ARV: $1,222.00.
Total ARV of all prizes is $99,822.00. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Promotion Parties, SOPUS Products or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, successors, agents, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) resulting from entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Released Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability the Web Site or of a Twitter or email account used in connection with the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical, technical, computer, network or human errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, the announcement of Prizes or in any Contest-related materials. Use of any Web Site associated with this Contest is at user’s own risk. Released Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer or web-enabled device resulting from participation in the Contest. In the event of an identity dispute, the Entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address used to participate. “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR’S OR RELEASED PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Contest, entrant agrees (a) to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Contest; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
By accepting a prize, each winner (a) agrees that Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize and (b) grants (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, and each of their respective designees, except where legally prohibited, the right to use his/her Entry, name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and/or biographical information at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation or consideration, unless prohibited by law. Released Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest (including any prize) is compromised, modified or canceled due to pandemics or epidemics, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis including quarantine measures of any government authority or other restrictions, weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, government restriction, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each winner will be responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize he/she receives, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. If the prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to (a) cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Contest or any part of it, (b) disqualify any individual who is responsible for such action, and (c) select the remaining winner(s) from Entries received prior to action taken in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor and or its independent judging agency.
11. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, by participating, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants, consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and local courts located in Roanoke, Virginia.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 30, 2021 to: Advance Auto Parts Garage Moments Contest Winner's List, c/o GSE, PO Box 130, Dept. 21-8119, Glencoe, MN 55336-0130. VT residents may omit return postage.
14. SPONSOR: Advance Auto Parts, Inc., 5008 Airport Rd, Roanoke, VA 24012.
© 2021 Advance Auto Parts, Inc.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest shall be directed to the Sponsor and not to Twitter.